We've Compiled Spots for Pet-Friendly Travel in Southern Indiana
Looking for a pet-friendly travel destination? Harrison County offers comfy places to stay and unique things to do for you and your pets.
In 2020, nearly one in three households adopted a pet, bringing pet ownership in the United States to an all-time high of 70%. Maybe—like many—you’re new to pet ownership, or perhaps you’re a seasoned pet parent. Either way, if you’re eager to start exploring, Harrison County is ready to welcome you and your furry friends! Check out our guide below for pet-friendly travel ideas in Southern Indiana, so you can skip the research and start having fun.
Things to Do with Your Dog
- Cave Country Canoes: You and your pup will both love a day on the scenic Blue River!
- Historic Downtown Corydon Walking Tour: Soak in our charming historic downtown with our self-guided walking tour.
- Harrison County Parks: From Buffalo Trace to South Harrison Park, each park has its own character and things to do.
- O’Bannon Woods State Park: 2,300 acres and over 25 miles of walking trails mean a lot of space to roam together.
- Our wineries have outdoor seating, and you can bring your pup to one of their events.
- Rice Island: Downtown Coryon’s newest park is a great place for your doggo to take a dip in Indian Creek.
- Walking Trails: A network of gentle paved trails collectively called the Indian Creek Trail are easily accessible from downtown Corydon, but still provide beautiful views of the natural scenery and wildlife, including deer, herons, bald eagles, and more!
- Zimmerman Art Glass: So maybe your dog won’t fully appreciate the artistry on display at this fourth-generation glassblowing studio, but you will! During warm weather their free daily demonstrations take place on a covered patio, so you can see them with your dog in tow.
Pet-Friendly Travel Accommodations
- 1816 Modern Kitchen & Drinks: A modern take on Southern cuisine with craft cocktails in downtown Corydon. Outdoor seating is limited—reservations recommended.
- Butt Drugs: Grab a shake or sundae at this soda fountain in downtown Corydon established in 1952, then enjoy it at their outdoor tables with your pup.
- El Nopalito/El Nopal: These sister restaurants both have outdoor patios and extensive menus with all your Mexican food favorites.
- Flipdaddy’s: One of Corydon’s newest dining options, here your pet will enjoy a “Doggies Menu” with several dining options!
- KentJava: Get refreshed and energized with an iced coffee (and more) to go from KentJava.
- Rita’s Taco Shop: Pair delicious Mexican food with an agua fresca or horchata at one of Rita’s outdoor picnic tables.
- White House Candy: Enjoy artisanal popcorn and ice cream on White House Candy’s large front patio.
Pet Treats & Services
Feeders Supply: If all that adventuring left your pup in need of a bath, use Feeders Supply’s pet wash stations, and pick up a treat or toy while you’re there!
- Pets are welcome at The Corydon Extravaganza, an antiquing and thrift event with food and entertainment held at the Harrison County Fairgrounds three times a year.
- Dogs are always welcome at Cave Country Canoe's events.
- Turtle Run Winery hosts free outdoor concerts all summer.
- Even pups will love the Corydon and Harrison County weekly seasonal farmers markets!