Reopening Safely in Corydon and Harrison County
Visitors to Harrison County can feel reassured that our businesses and attractions are prioritizing their well-being as we reopen. We are following local, state, and federal guidelines to ensure safety, health, and peace of mind. We kindly request that visitors and residents alike follow recommendations for social distancing, mask wearing, and hand washing when possible.
Indiana is reopening in four stages, in a process that began on May 4 and is anticipated to conclude in all businesses reopening by July 4, 2020. Each stage is accompanied by safety guidelines that we are closely following. Learn more about Indiana’s Back on Track plan here.
If you want to know if your favorite local business is open, the best thing to do is call them or check their website/social media!
Hoosier Hospitality Promise
The Hoosier Hospitality Promise is an agreement between visitors and businesses that encourages everyone to act in the interest of health and safety.
- All staff pass a health check prior to each shift.
- Staff wear face masks if they can’t be six feet apart.
- Staff is trained in proper cleaning and sanitization specific to their industry.
- Sanitization practices for common areas, bathrooms and high-touch surfaces, using the Centers for Disease Control recommendations are implemented.
- Hand sanitizer or hand-washing stations at all entrances.
- The Hoosier Hospitality Promise is posted at entrances.
Will you take the Hoosier Hospitality Promise? It's easy! (You're probably doing these things anyway, so why not receive a discount?)
- Wear a mask.
- Keep six feet of social distancing between you and other guests.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Be patient with staff and other patrons.
Above all, stay home if one of these applies to you:
- You have been exposed to COVID-19 recently
- You have symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath
- You have underlying health conditions
- You are concerned about contracting COVID-19
What Is Open?
(As of Monday, June 15)
- Hotels and independent lodging (cabins, inns, camping, and vacation rentals such as Airbnb and Vrbo)
- Restaurants and bars (Click here for information about take out options)
- Wineries, distilleries, and microbreweries
- Retail stores
- Golf courses
- State and county parks for recreational activities and camping
- Outdoor activities such as cave tours, ziplining, and canoeing/kayaking
- Historic sites and museums
- Caesars Southern Indiana and other entertainment
What You Can Do
We ask all visitors to follow the same guidelines as residents, which means following regulations set forth by the state of Indiana and the CDC, including:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use hand sanitizer
- Practice social distancing by staying six feet away from people who aren’t in your household
- Wear a face mask while in indoor public spaces
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home if you feel sick or have had contact with someone with COVID-19 symptoms. If you have symptoms while traveling, please self-quarantine and seek guidance from the resources below.