I’m Headed To Corydon, Indiana! #ThisIsIndiana #OMTravels
I am super excited because this afternoon I will be headed to Corydon, Indiana for a fun filled weekend! Full of caves and caverns that we get to explore, among historical sites and much more, I am excited to see what Corydon has to offer! From Cincinnati, Ohio, Corydon is a little over 2 hours away. This will be my first time visiting. Let me tell you a little bit about some of the places that I will be visiting during my stay.
I will be staying at the Holiday Inn in Corydon. I have always had good experiences at Holiday Inns, so I am sure this one will be no different!
- Indiana Caverns – Located outside historic Corydon, Indiana, this is Indiana’s Longest Cave. There will be a walking tour with a boat ride, and I will see and learn about diverse ecosystems, ice age bones, an amazing waterfall, various formations, and great heights and depths.
- Marengo Caves and Cave Country Canoes – This U.S. National Natural Landmark features walking tours, canoeing and gemstone mining.
- Squire Boon Caverns – Squire Boon Caverns is called “A treasure of Indiana history and the American pioneer spirit.” Squire Boone and his brother, Daniel, discovered these caverns in 1790. What a great piece of history!
- Deere Farms – This will include a pumpkin patch, and southern Indiana’s largest corn maze. This runs through November 2nd. I’ve never experienced a corn maze, so this will be my first time doing one.
- Golf Shores – The Golf Shores Fun Center includes black-light indoor mini golf, as well as a video arcade, snack bar, coffee shop and wi-fi lounge.
- State Historic Sites – According to their website, this looks like it includes their Capitol Building, Governor’s Headquarters, Porter Law Office, First State Office Building, and a visit to where the Battle of Corydon happened.
- Point Blank Brewing – This independently owned restaurant and microbrewery opened in the fall of 2012 and is located in the historic downtown area of Corydon.
- Butt Drugs, Inc. – This is a soda fountain, shop, and pharmacy rolled into one! It has been open since 1952.
- Kentjava Bar – A family owned coffee shop that serves fresh coffee, espresso, hot chocolate, teas and other gourmet coffees, as well as fresh pastries.
- Old Town Store – This 4,000 square foot store has lots of thriftiques.
- Lil Rap Gift Shop – This is your one stop shop for gifts, flowers, jewelry, purses, collegiate items, home decorations, and more.
- Town Square Gallery – Located in the historic part of Corydon, they are the place to go for your gift giving needs.
- Little Texas Consignments – Offers new and uses clothing and furniture, as well as saddles and tack.
- Collections of the Home Place – Offers candles, cards and collectables.
- Fall Down On The Square Festival – On Saturday I will be visiting this festival that has fun fall activities, live entertainment, and food!
Look out next week for my post on how my visit went. I cannot wait to let you all know!
Click here to read the original post.