Convenient picnic spot in Historic Downtown Corydon.
The Porter Law Office was built in 1819 by Henry P. Coburn while he was serving as the Clerk of the Indiana State Supreme Court. Coburn continued his service as Clerk, moving with the capital to Indianapolis in 1825. The building was then rented and later purchased by William Porter, a probate judge, and member and speaker of the Indiana House of Representatives and State Senate. In his law office, Porter trained more than a dozen men to become lawyers, many of whom went on to quite illustrious careers. The building is open for tours as part of Corydon Capitol State Historic Site.
Send this to friend