Summer passes by so quickly…
Fortunately, there’s still time for a fun-filled, convenient, and affordable getaway to southern Indiana.
About Historic Corydon and Harrison County
Home to unique history, the region’s best caves, outdoor activities, wineries, shopping, and talented makers and musicians—you, too, can find yourself in southern Indiana.
The historic town of Corydon was established in 1808, and was Indiana’s first state capital from 1816–1825. Corydon is located roughly thirty minutes west of Louisville, Kentucky, and two hours south of Indianapolis, Indiana.
Harrison County offers plenty to do for all ages.
Here are just a few of the ways you can enjoy summer to its fullest:
- Beat the heat in our three awe-inspiring caves.
- Chill on scenic Blue River in a rented canoe or kayak.
- Catch a breeze while you soar through the treetops at Squire Boone Caverns Zipline Adventures.
- Enjoy nature in our parks, with hiking, fishing, and boat and cabin rentals.
- Enrich your summer with a visit to our Corydon Capitol Historic Sites and Harrison County Discovery Center, a high-tech history museum.
- Quench your thirst at Harrison County’s five award-winning wineries.
- Hit the links at Chariot Run or Old Capitol Golf Club.
- Meet Lady Luck at Horseshoe Southern Indiana Casino and Hotel.